New York Oil & Gas Enforcement - Violations
The New York DMR does not publish data on violations in its annual report, and an email inquiry to DMR revealed that New York does not yet keep oil and gas violations data in a publicly accessible electronic database.
For more information:
- Earthworks: Enforcement Report - DEC: Public should not have confidence that oil and gas development is occurring or will occur responsibly in New York State. Report
- Earthworks: New York Oil & Gas Enforcement. Web page.
- Earthworks: New York Oil & Gas Enforcement - Inspections. Web page
- Earthworks: New York Oil & Gas Enforcement - Violations. Web page
- Earthworks: New York Oil & Gas Enforcement - Enforcement Actions. Web page
- Earthworks: New York Oil & Gas Enforcement - Public Participation. Web page
1 In response to an email request for information on inspections, violations, and complaints Earthworks received this reply: “The Division of Mineral Resources does not currently have a database for the information requested below. We are preparing to have one in operation at the time high-volume hydraulic fracturing activities are approved to go forward in the state. We do have paper records located in the field offices where the proposed wells were drilled. The record [sic] are filed by county, operator and by well name. You can review the paper records at our . . . offices.”(Source: Email from New York Division of Mineral Resources