Earthworks is hiring. We’re looking for the right folks to help us in our mission to protect communities and the environment from the destructive impacts of mineral development, in the U.S. and worldwide.
Currently open positions
Do you want to fight climate change and help communities at the frontlines of fracking and mining? Would you like to explore a nonprofit career?
Earthworks seeks a part-time Development Assistant to help our growing Development team in our individual fundraising efforts.
Earthworks protects communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of energy and mineral development while promoting sustainable solutions.
This is a great opportunity if you would like to learn about fundraising and are available 10-20 hours per week. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Development Director.
- Support the work of the Development Director, Foundation Relations Officer and Online Communications Manager;
- Process and acknowledge all donations, including data entry and maintenance in Salesforce database and generating mail merges;
- Provide excellent customer service to donors;
- Assist with donor correspondence and the production of donor communications materials;
- Maintain state charitable registrations and online charity profiles;
- Maintain fundraising calendar and files and provide finance with required donation documentation;
- Help with other duties and special projects as requested.
You have a passion for social justice and the environment. You are organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. You have high quality standards and pay strong attention to every detail of your work. You are a strong communicator with an excellent phone manner and solid writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- B.A. or 1+ years’ prior experience in office administration and customer service.
- Comfort with an all-Mac computing environment, knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM/donor management systems a plus.
- Prior fundraising experience highly desirable.
This is a temporary, part-time position starting in July and ending on December 31, 2015. Hours are flexible, between 10-20 per week in our downtown, Washington, DC, headquarters.
Start Date: Immediately.
Application Deadline: Now until position is filled.
Compensation: $15-25 per hour depending on previous experience. Flexible time commitment of 10-20 hours per week through December 31, 2015.
Location: Washington, DC office in Farragut Square. Offsite or remote work is not available.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Earthworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting communities and the environment from the impacts of mining and energy development while seeking sustainable solutions.
The Program Communications Intern will work closely with our program staff and communications team to update and create new fact-based issue pages for our website. Our key issues are fracking and hard rock mining, and our issue pages range in topic from the 1873 Mining Law to noise pollution from fracking operations.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent research and writing skills. This is the perfect internship for students looking to learn more about the non-profit world, make connections and start building their resume.
While Earthworks is based in Washington, DC we welcome remote applicants and would be happy to have an intern that works from home/their dorm room.
-Current student or recent college graduate (all majors welcome)
-Ability to commit at least 10 hours per week
-Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
-Commitment to the environment
-Advanced computer or language skills are a plus
Please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include your weekly availability and desired start and end date. Earthworks requires a minimum commitment of 3 months.