Earthworks is hiring. We’re looking for the right folks to help us in our mission to protect communities and the environment from the destructive impacts of mineral development, in the U.S. and worldwide.
Currently open positions
Do you want to fight climate change and help communities at the frontlines of fracking and mining?
Earthworks seeks a Major Gifts Officer to expand our growing major gifts program.
Earthworks protects communities and the environment from the adverse impacts of energy and mineral development while promoting sustainable solutions.
The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for building strong relationships between our donors and Earthworks by providing opportunities for donors to fulfill their philanthropic interests and passions.
The Major Gifts Officer reports directly to the Development Director.
- Manage a portfolio of 75-150 major donors and prospects, including qualifying prospective major donors to add to the caseload;
- Develop and implement individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for each major donor and prospect in the portfolio;
- Collaborate with program and finance staff to create excellent giving opportunities and report to donors on how their giving made a difference;
- Coach and facilitate effective staff and board participation in major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Conduct prospect research and regularly track and document donor contacts in Salesforce;
- Work with other members of the development team and the whole staff to support organizational goals;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Director.
You have a passion for social justice and the environment. You have a successful track record with helping donors to fulfill their passions through giving to nonprofit organizations. You are a strong communicator as well as a great listener. You are self-motivated, but understand the importance of teamwork and are able to collaborate effectively with other staff across the organization including board members. You have high quality standards and pay strong attention to every detail of your work.
- B.A. or Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years' prior experience in major gifts fundraising.
- Able to work effectively in a virtual office environment.
- Comfort with Macintosh computers, Microsoft Office and cloud-based software and services such as Gmail, Google docs and Dropbox.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM/donor management software and prospect research tools such as iWave PRO or Wealth Engine.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com. No calls, please.