Susquehanna River Basin Commission
About the SRBC
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission manages of the water resources of the basin under comprehensive watershed management and planning principles.
Organizations and citizens across Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania are coming together to make sure that the Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) steps up to protect communities and the environment from the harmful impacts of gas operations, which use a lot of water and create a lot of pollution.
The agency needs to stop conducting business as usual. Instead of promoting drilling by issuing water withdrawal permits one-by-one, SRBC must manage shared, public resources using long-term planning and sound science. The Commission will be revising its comprehensive plan in 2013, and can do what it takes to stem drilling damage and save the Susquehanna for generations to come. Get the facts to make a difference.
Do you live in New York, Pennsylvania or Maryland? Tell your Governor to save the Susquehanna!
Don't live in the Basin? Tell Colonel Savre that you care!
Join the Network
The SRBC Network Google Group is a new coordinating network engaging organizations and citizens in Pennsylvania, New York, and Maryland to facilitate both action and policy-focused work around the Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC). Postings here should focus on near-term, specific “asks” and efforts, information about drilling in the Basin, and opportunities to take action and submit comments.
For more information:
- Earthworks Why we need an impact study and how you can help
- Earthworks Top Three Asks for the Susquehanna River Basin Commission
- Earthworks Joint comments to Susquehanna River Basin Commission re drilling
- Earthworks Saving the Susquehanna from Drilling: why it matters and how to do it
- Earthblog SRBC Considers Taking Water from the Susquehanna River for Fracking
- Earthblog A fracking kerfuffle, Susquehanna style
- Download and print postcards to send to Gov. Corbett and the Army Corps of Engineers
- SRBC website